More than 270 people are killed at railroad crossings each year, including six on Metro-North trains this year. U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal says there is technology to prevent more deaths. Earlier this year a Harlem line train crashed into an SUV in Valhalla, N.Y., killing five on the train and the SUV’s driver. In 2012,…
Protecting our children from all of life’s ills, and especially from abuse and neglect, is perhaps our single most important responsibility as adults. There should be no controversy in that statement, no partisanship or disagreement. And yet, the sad truth remains that too many children in Oregon and across the country are dying from abuse…
The Internet has produced some of history’s most innovative, agile and disruptive companies. Goliaths such as Apple, Google, Amazon, Netflix and Facebook — as well as myriad start-ups — have overhauled the economy and changed the way people lead their lives and conduct their business.
But the Internet has long been in danger of being co-opted by its least competitive and innovative part: its service providers.
- ICYMI: @RonWyden wrote a powerful op-ed on the importance of protecting America’s children from abuse & neglect: http://t.co/VhldH4aNWQ 8 hours ago
- .@DickBlumenthal's fighting to make train crossings safer by improving technology but enforcement is key. http://t.co/zdPn6ycqeR 1 day ago
- As she announces her retirement, join us in thanking Sen Mikulski. Her impact on the everyday lives of working families has been incredible. 1 day ago
- Posted February 11, 2015 at 12:14 PM
- Posted October 24, 2014 at 9:48 AM
- Posted October 23, 2014 at 11:12 AM