Congressman Gary Peters has earned the right to become the next U.S. Senator from Michigan, and voters should give him that opportunity to serve the nation and Michigan at the highest level of our legislative system.
In what’s turning into a crucial Senate race that could decide which party controls the chamber the next two years, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire went up Sunday with the first television commercial of her re-election bid.
When Jeff Merkley arrived in the nation’s capital in 2009 as a newly elected senator, it was not his first stint in Washington.
But it quickly became obvious to the Portland Democrat that the Congress of which he was now a member was very different from the ones he knew as an intern for Sen. Mark Hatfield in the 1970s and later as a nuclear weapons analyst for the Congressional Budget Office in the 1980s.
- .@JeffMerkley fights to give every Oregonian a fair shot & create good-paying jobs that actually support families. http://t.co/nw9VjJFMBP 23 weeks ago
- WATCH: .@JeanneShaheen fought for #vets & cut through the red tape to bring a veterans clinic to Keene, NH. http://t.co/xZoio1k0ZB 23 weeks ago
- Great story on @CoryBooker’s first week as a U.S. Senator: http://t.co/iBex3ex0bI #ENDA 48 weeks ago
- Posted May 9, 2014 at 1:13 PM
The Republican: On anniversary of Superstorm Sandy, Sen. Ed Markey says more must be done to battle climate changePosted November 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM
- Posted November 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM